Bags can be made from:
- Raw materials: organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, cork
- Recycled materials: fabric, soda bottles, vinyl, etc.
- Sustainable fibers: corn based, cotton, linen, ramie, seaweed, silk, soy, etc.
- Attempt to have as many aspects/design elements of the bag should aim to be as sustainable and innovative as possible
- Handbag should potentially be recyclable at the end of its life
- Any dyed fabric should be done with a non-toxic dye that does not use fixing agents
Winner will also receive an opportunity to work with K. Carroll Accessories as well as receive a consultation with the Queen of Raw, former IHDA Finalist, Stephanie Benedetto, on how to keep their brand sustainable.